Thursday, July 23, 2009

My friend Keiko


This is my friend Keiko. I met her when she brought her daughter Hiro to my nursery classroom at church. She is a great friend. We go over to her house a couple times a week and she feeds us lunch and we go swimming. She cooks breakfast, lunch and dinner for her family every day! We love eating at her house. Keiko and her family moved here from Japan about a year ago. I enjoy having her for a friend, because it is neat to learn about her life when she was living in Japan. She speaks Japanese all the time. We get a kick out of her because for the longest time she was saying "Damet" which means "no" in Japanese, but we just thought she was saying dammit all the time. No biggie, anyone who knows me knows I have a potty mouth. I'm not saying I am proud of it, I'm just saying, a semi cuss word isn't going to bother me. Since she grew up in a different culture, its cool to learn about how she does things and how we do it here.
She has two wonderful little children, Ren who is three, and Hiro who is two. Her husband Clark is pretty rad too. My kids adore Keiko and her husband and kids and we adore them too. It's nice having great friends! And Keiko is good and making me laugh!
The Sugata family rocks!




4 comments:

Emily Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Ruth said...

Okay, is it just me, or are ethnic kids the cutest? Does that offend? Roger served his mission in Taiwan and we want to adopt a sweet Asian girl. Or boy. They're pretty much all adorable. I know, I know, how very Angelina Jolie of me.
And for the record, Dammit is in the Bible. So it's not off limits occasionally, is it?
(seriously, just delete this if you're offended; )Okay. Da*n is in the Bible. But I say it's the same.
Again, feel free to delete.

Matt and Stephanie said...

I am not offended :-) Feel free to speak your mind whenever you want