Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya tomorrow, you're only a day away!


Well not only is this title fitting for my blog post, but we also have been watching Annie and listening to the soundtrack in the car. This is my all time favorite movie. I found the soundtrack at the library and I had to check it out! Alyson loves it and sings it when she hears it and she also enjoys watching the movie!
Tomorrow is Jacob's first day of school, He starts 2nd grade. I will miss him because we had an awesome summer, but it's time. I am ready to go back to school, Jacob's ready to go back to school and Alyson is definitely excited to go to Keiko's twice a week. Speaking of Keiko:


Keiko is just awesome. Not only does she cook all three meals everyday, she also has great recipes for muffins and other desserts. Hiro is allergic to milk, so she has to substitute it with other ingredients, and quite frankly, the food she makes tastes better anyway. She made donuts with tofu and they were so good! The kids and I loved them. You can't taste to tofu and it makes the donuts so soft. She has inspired me to get my cook on. Not only is the food delicious, but baking is a fun thing to do with the kids. Here's proof!
Before:Chocolate covered Alyson


After:Delicious Brownies! For desert,these brownies will have vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup drizzled all over them. Yum!!


Before:Blueberry Muffins for breakfast on the first day of school!


After:


We have had our ups and downs this year with the car accident, car troubles, Alyson's tooth and other minor things, but I spent an awesome summer with the kids and extended weekends with Matt and I have really enjoyed myself. I also had two summer school classes that I really enjoyed (world religions and rock and roll history) and I am looking forward to going back to school again.
I also feel extremely blessed that Alyson and I weren't hurt worse in our accident, Alyson actually wasn't hurt at all. And when she hit her tooth in the tub,it turned out not to be as bad as we thought. And the dentist worked with us because we don't have dental coverage, so as soon as Alyson is totally healed, we will be getting a temporary tooth.
Life is good and I feel extremely blessed and lucky to have everything that I do.

So here's my update and I will try to be better about posting more on the blog, mom!

1 comments:

Arizona Girl said...

I love Annie too! It was my favorite growing up. I wanted to be Annie but I didn't have red hair and I still had my parents.