Thursday, July 17, 2008

New Addition to the family

Dont freak out people, I am not pregnant. I adopted a kitten from animal control after adopting a dog for my mom the week before.
This is my mom's new beagle weezy. Douglas named her, that is why she has a wierd name. I wanted my mom to name her Hermione from Harry Potter and Jacob wants the beagle's name to be Nikki. She's a sweet puppy.


And here is Ollie, short for Oliver. He also was adopted from animal control. He is three months old. The kids fight over him, the dogs are infatuated with him and our other cat Baxter hisses at him. But in the midst of all that, we are happy to have him, he is so adorable.





Also, I am back in school. Right now I am taking Spanish101 and Sociology of marriage and family life. I have about 24 credits left to go to get an associate of arts degree with an emphasis on healthcare. So when I am done, I can go on the take about 6 or 7 more classes online through one of the out of state colleges that offer lactation and breastfeeding courses to become a lactation consultant. I am almost done with my prereqs for that, which are also part of my associates degree. So after all that, I can log about 3000-4500 hours with new breastfeeding mom's at hospitals in mesa and chandler, and hopefully by then I will be back in mesa close to my family so that my mom can help me out with the kids. God bless all the grandparents!!! So someday, probably four years from now, I will be a lactation consultant, in the meantime, I will be saving the world!

More news later..........

0 comments: