Well Matt and I both woke up so sick yesterday. I had chest pain and every time I took a breath in, I had to cough and it was very painful. At one point, I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital, but I dont have insurance, so I ended up in bed sleeping most of the day with bouts of naseau and a headache and everytime I tried to get up, my whole body felt heavy and I felt dizzy I couldnt even function or take care of the kids. meanwhile I did this all with my sick, but handsome husband beside me, just as sick as me. Alyson poured two packets of oatmeal all over the floor and Jacob vacuumed it up and cleaned the house for me. But most of all, I couldnt have made it without these two wonderful people:
These two wonderful people took care of Matt and the kids and I. I called Joe and he came over saying that if I needed to go the hospital, he would drive me, then he went back home and brought me all the cold medicine he had in his house, and Christina came over and fed and took care of the kids and made soup for Matt and I. She also checked on us every hour or so to make sure we were ok. You couldnt ask for better neighbors than Joe and Christina. I will be bringing them dinner like everyday this week. We love these two and so do the kids.
Now onto some better news. Matt's work is paying for us (we have to pay a very little amount compared to what his work is covering) to go on a 7 day wonderful vacation in the Dominican Republic! We will be staying at the majestic colonial. http://www.majesticcolonial.com/ . This place is beautiful, they even do weddings. Yes we are already married, we just celebrated our 6th anniversary, but as most of you know, I was nine months pregnant when I got married and I have always wanted to renew my vows, or more or less have some type of simple ceremony where I can dress up and get my hair and nails done and not be pregnant! And to be able to wear white because I am skinny enough to and not with child.
So if its not too expensive, we will have a little ceremony with just the two of us on the beach! and someone to officiate it, or since its already officiated, someone can be there to take pictures. So if we are able to do that, here is what Matt and I will wear:

The dress has hawaiin print just like the shirt. I might get the necklace to go with it and some white flip flops. and maybe the crinoline slip to make it look poofy. I can wait to go on this vacation with Matt. It will just be the two of us because it is too expensive to bring the kids, so my mom and Gary and the boys will take care of them. Plus, since I was pregnant when we got married, we never got to go on a honeymoon, so this will be like our honeymoon!
On another awsome note, I have been working out 2-4 times a week and eating healthier and I have lost 8 pounds and 5 inches around my stomach. My goal is about another 8 pounds or more. To be back at my pre pregnacy weight with Jacob would be 125, but I figured if I weighed 130, that would be fine with me. Wish me luck!
I got my 400 4x4 squares off of ebay and I am getting ready to make a dress. I am still pinning the squares together, so it will be a while, but I will post pics of it when it is done.
One more thing, I got these cute shorts from http://www.poorpitifulpearl.com/

2 comments:
I'm sorry that you two were sick, but what a great vacation you guys will have. Also good luck on reching your goal. You can do it.
The dress is so pretty! I hope you guys are doing better
Post a Comment