This year I am not buying anything for the kids for easter. The year Alyson was born, which was the day after easter in 2006, I spent the night that I came home from the hospital going through the 8 easter baskets that Jacob got. FYI: I hate peeps and whoppers!
Being a mom and a believer in Christ, I just think to myself, wow, we are celebrating that Jesus Christ is someone who loved everyone in the world, even non-believers, enough to be tortured for three days and then DIES for us! I would like to believe that I would be willing to do that for my own family if I had to, but could I really? I dont know. But Christ did and for that, I will be forever grateful. The wonderful blessings in my life are because I believe in Christ and I know that all things are possible through him. Even little things I pray for are answered, because the Lord loves me.
That's what I am thankful for this easter, not some easter bunny who brings me delicious cadbury eggs and egg shaped snickers, I am thankful for the man who died for me and continues to forgive me of my sins everyday and blesses me!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Easter
Posted by Matt and Stephanie at 1:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I agree. I have been reading bella this book that tells about Christ's last week on earth and after. She really has been enjoying it and I have been learning new things too.
It brings me joy, Stephanie, to see you faith in the one True God continue to grow. What a gift was given to us that God gave his ONLY son to be the sacrifice for ALL of our sins, past, present and future. And that when we accept Him as our only Savior and Lord we have the security of eternal and everlasting life. And how amazing that we can never do anything to earn that gift but that it is simply and unequivocally ours through grace alone.
And as to the Hottie you had a date with......he gets his good looks from his mothers side! 8-0
I am sorry i have been soooo out of touch with you! Are you upset with me? :( ummm my name not on your list of blogs to read....maybe it never was,anyways i realy do apologize things have been soooo crazy!
Post a Comment