I feel like as a Heritage alumnist, we all have a duty to take care of our fellow students past and present. Our school is unlike any other and anyone who has gone to Heritage or knows someone who has gone there, knows that there is an special unbreakable bond between the students,no matter if you went there, graduated from there or are still there. I love Heritage, I always will!
What I am getting to is this. Shane Figueroa was a Heritage student (if you dont already know his story, scroll down and read my last post) and I think it is our duty to help take care of his wife Melisha and daughter Kenzlie. Heritage Students are like family. So what I am proposing is a fundraiser, or many fundraisers. If Shane and Melisha had a house and Melisha is a stay at home mom, then she is going to need help with bills and a mortgage, etc. I am sure that the Phoenix Police Department is helping the Figueroa's and we should too. The money we raise could go for anything, like a college fund for Kenzlie, or just to help Melisha with whatever she needs.
I would like to Honor Shane by making a *bumper* sticker that memorializes him. Im sure everyone has seen a car that has a sticker on the back window that has said someone's name with their date of birth and death and that they are missed. I think we should make one for Shane with his date of birth and death and that he will be missed and maybe a Phoenix police department badge in the middle. Or if anyone has a better idea or design, let me know. My good friend Marni has a vinyl sticker company with her sisters and I know she would help out. We could sell the stickers for maybe 8-10 bux depending on how much it will cost to make them. Some money will go to the cost of supplies, but most of the proceeds will got to Melisha and Kenzlie.
So let's get together and make this happen.
E-mail me at klemmybean@aol.com with any ideas or questions
Monday, November 3, 2008
To all Heritage Students and Alumni
Posted by Matt and Stephanie at 9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment